Aspire Zone Foundation opens registration for 12 exciting events during this year’s Ramadan Sports Festival
1,054 participants took part in last year’s event
Aspire Zone Foundation (AZF) has unveiled 12 exciting and fun-filled events taking place during this year’s Ramadan Sports Festival (RSF), which begins Ramadan 6th (May 21st) in AZF’s indoor and outdoor facilities.
For seven years, the festival has grown in popularity thanks to a carefully designed programme which comprises a range of popular sports. Over 1,000 participants took part last year.
Commenting on this year’s activities, Abdullah Aman Al Khater, Director of Venues and Events at AZF, said:
“The new tournaments we introduce every year prove to be a success and help encourage more people to get involved and stay active during the Holy Month of Ramadan. Events like RSF help us fulfil one of our core objectives which is to promote healthy and active lifestyles among the members of local community in Qatar. I believe that this year’s festival will prove once again that people in Qatar are keen to get involved with sporting events and stay active in Ramadan. We’re already looking forward to it”.
A fortnight of activities across AZF facilities
Interested sports enthusiasts can now register via www.aspirezone.qa/rsf2018 for 12 individual activities and team competitions at Aspire Dome and the outdoor warm-up track. Starting on May 21st from 9:30 pm to 12:00 am, the events are as follows:
- Football Competition for Men: 21 – 28 May, Warm-up Track (18 years and above)
- Basketball Competition for Men: 27 May – 1 June, Aspire Dome, Multi-purpose Hall 1 (18 years and above)
- Volleyball Competition for Men: 21-25 May, Aspire Dome, Volleyball court (18 years and above)
- Volleyball Competition for Women: 26-23 May, Aspire Dome, Volleyball court (18 years and above)
- Cricket Competition for Men: 31 May – 2 June, Outdoor warm-up track (18 years and above)
- Hockey Competition for Men: 24-26 May, Aspire Dome, Multi-purpose Hall 1 (18 years and above)
- Junior Fitness Challenge Competition for Boys 9-14 years (Individual): June 1 – a challenge of speed, power, endurance and flexibility with amazing prizes for first three winners
- Special Needs Table Tennis Competition: 23 May, Aspire Dome, Multi-purpose Hall 1
- Be Fit with Aspire for Ladies: 24, 26 and 31 May and 2 June, Ladies Sports Hall (different fitness classes, like aerobic, step and stretching, (fees might apply)
- Fit & Fun for girls aged 6-11: 24, 26 and 31 May and 2 June – fun-filled event with competitive, indoor activities, like ball games, scooter rides, coloring station and Zumba Kids (fees might apply)