Everything You Need to Know About Qatar International Food Festival 2018 (QIFF)
Qatar International Food Festival (QIFF) is a multicultural festival that celebrates the
country’s diverse food, beverage and hospitality offerings. Held over several days during
spring, the Festival invites residents and visitors to enjoy special culinary experiences in
scenic outdoor spaces.
QIFF forms part of Qatar’s strategy to grow and diversify the country’s tourism offering,
particularly in the area of family and urban entertainment. Thanks to the collaborative efforts
of partners in both the public and private sector, it has grown since its first edition in 2010 to
become one of the most-anticipated events in Qatar’s growing calendar of annual festivals
Qatar International Food Festival 2018
Dates Thursday, 15 th March – Sunday, 25 th March
Opening Hours 4.00 pm – 12.00 midnight on weekdays (Saturday – Wednesday)
4:00 pm – 1:00 am pm on weekends (Thursday & Friday)
Main Location Hotel Park
Organised by Qatar Tourism Authority
Strategic Partner Katara Hospitality
Other Partners Msheireb Museums, Doha Film Institute, beIN, Qatar Culinary
Professionals, Askar, Mini Zoo Events, AlRayyan Water, RAW ME.
@ Hotel Park
- Festivities spread over entire area of Hotel Park which covers 80,000 m 2
- 177 participants in total (36% increase on 2017 festival)
- 16 hotel participants bringing the best of culinary experiences at prices that do
not exceed 40 QAR
- 9 embassies representing 9 countries (Mexico, Ethiopia, India, Lebanon,
Philippines, South Africa, USA, Vietnam & Turkey) will be at QIFF offering
festival-goers with food experiences from all corners of the world.
- 6 Food trucks
- 1 Mini zoo
- Torba, Qatar Foundation’s farmers market, offering farm-to- table experiences
Price Ranges: QAR 5 – QAR 40
Daily entertainment & activities
- Live performances & cultural shows on Entertainment Stage
- Fireworks from 8:00 pm – 8:05 pm (except festival opening day)
- Kids’ Zone cinema
- Free group fitness classes
Festival Ground amenities & facilities
- Underground parking with over 2,500 spaces.
- 16 additional restroom units for QIFF
- Ramps for easier wheelchair and pram access
QIFF’s centerpiece, the Live Cooking Theatre returns this year and will run daily food photography sessions and contests between 4:00-6:00 PM. And, between 6:00 – 10:30pm guest chefs will share their tips and tricks with a special food theme for each day.
International celebrity chefs hosted at the cooking theater include:
o Aisha Altamimi (Qatari chef & food programme presenter)
o Ajay Chopra (Indian celebrity chef)
o Anna Olson (pastry chef on Food Network)
o Asmaa Albahar (Kuwaiti celebrity chef)
o Christine Ha (the first blind contestant in US MaterChef and 2012 winner)
o Damien Leroux (Executive Chef at IDAM)
o Fawaz AlOmaim (Kuwaiti Cook)
o Murat Bozok (Turkish celebrity chef)
o Nino Logarta (Celebrity Filipino TV chef)
o Ramzi Choueiri (Lebanese celebrity chef)
o Sulaiman Al Qassar (Kuwaiti celebrity TV chef)
o Masharu Morimoto (US Iron Chef)
o Wolfgang Puck (LA-based Michelin Star celebrity chef, famous for preparing the post-Oscars feast for 24 years)
In Doha& Around Qatar
The festivities will extend to more than 60 restaurants and cafes around Qatar. They will offer special food groupings of at least three menu items at a pre-set price of QAR 49 (cafes &restaurants) and QAR 99 (hotels).
- Select 5-star restaurants across Doha are offering residents and visitors a unique opportunity to join internationally-acclaimed chefs for an interactive cooking and tasting experience.
- Spaces limited to 10- 20 persons per class; bookings can be made through the restaurant’s/ hotels’ reservation platforms.